Year of construction: 1890/1891
Property size: 2,062 m²
Living area: 1,550 m²
Villa Hohenfels is a palatial villa building built between 1890 and 1891, which was opened and newly renovated in the year 2012 (including full thermal insulation) and is in an excellent condition. The Villa is used by the current tenant as an office. An adaptation to residential building or Embassy residence is possible with little effort.
On the grounds of the former Viennese amusement establishment „New World“ factory-built and Homeowner Karoline Tobisch the two-storey palace-like villa. The architect was Karl Scheffler, the master builder Johann Sturany. In 1894 Alfred Freiherr von Berger became the owner of the villa, his wife and actress Stella von Hohenfels-Berger gave the villa its name. In 1921 the new owner and entrepreneur Bernhard Altmann built the western main entrance and a staircase to the mezzanine floor. In 1989/1990 through renovation and loft conversion mansard windows were installed in the roof area, the historic old stock was well preserved.
Central location in Althietzing. The connection to public transport is excellent –
all infrastructure facilities are within walking distance (trams 58 and 60, as well as subway line U4, (station Braunschweiggasse). Very good cross-regional road links to A1 and A2. Schönbrunn and Schönbrunner Schlosspark can be reached in about 7 minutes.